Happy New Year. I hope your holidays were as restful and enjoyable as mine were..
Let me fill you in..
After the last treatment back in October I had a PET scan done as a normal follow up to the chemo. Dr. Charlie liked to results but there is some residual lymphoma but a decreased metabolic activity in the lymphoma was also very good news.
So Dr. Charlie recommended that we go through 3 sessions of a RICE protocol. This protocol takes 3 days to infuse. One day in the NYOH office and then I get admitted overnight to St. Mary's hospital for the rest of the infusion.
My first infusion was accompanied by a rather nasty cold. It was not fun.. Coughing and being tired.. Was the worst. This treatment did have a couple of other side effects I've not had the opportunity to enjoy.. Luckily they only lasted one day. One effect was the result of the neulastin shot that is included in this protocol.
Well my second treatment 3weeks later went much better. This treatment concluded this week and with the cold finally gone, all I seem to be dealing with is some general weakness.
I have one more treatment scheduled for January 28th. Before that I have a PET scan on the 21st.
Dr. Charlie is now recommending a stem cell transplant as the next step to really treat as much as possible and go for a cure. We are on board with this.. And February could be a busy month.
Will try to stay up on the blogs as best I can..
Thank you and God Bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment