Cathy and I met with the Director of the AMC stem cell program yesterday. He has researched my case and agreed with Dr. W about moving forwarded with the stem cell transplant. He also indicated that the AMC staff have a closes consultative relationship with Dana Farber in Boston. There is on fly in the ointment though.. AMC does not have a contract with my insurance company but Dana Farber is in contract with my insurance provider.
The doctor looked at my most recent PET scan and he could not tell if the small amount of activity was due to disease, inflammation, or some other activity.. He actually thought it might be possible that I am already in remission because that scan was done before the RICE treatments began.
So I am working this morning and the phone rings with AMC on the caller ID.. So I grab it and it's the doctor from the stem cell program. The doctor said that he had already called Boston to discuss my case and Boston want to see me. They feel I'm an excellent candidate for a stem cell transplant. So the referral process to Dana Farber has begun... I will have my PET scan next week and see Dr. Charlie on Thursday. The last round of RICE treatment will be don on the week of the 28th and then we will see how the schedule gels together.
I can't say anything else but Praise God !
No comments:
Post a Comment