As some may know I have been getting treated for a lymphoma
that was diagnosed last year. Progress is good and my doctors have
recommended that I undergo a stem cell transplant. Much like what my
brother had… for the family… who remembers the French maid party ?? boy did we
zing him.. anywho.. I digress..
Cathy and I have received or plan and here are the dates..
Basically the transplant process will begin on March 10 with
daily white cell booster shots to stimulate stem cell growth.
Tuesday 3/12 we head to Boston, Dana Farber where Joe
was..…. Jim.. I won’t be at practice that night..
Stem cells are collected on the 14th and 15.. and
I’ll probably head home for a day or so..
3/19 I get admitted between 4-7pm..
3/20-23 high dose chemo is given to kill off the white
cells..
Sunday 3/24.. a day of rest.. To my OSL family.. please keep
lift me in prayer that day !!
3/25.. Stem cells are re-infused.
From here on in I get supportive care.. which may include
antibiotics, blood or platelets..
week of 3/31 – still hospitalized..
week of 7/7 is scheduled as a tentative discharge week..
which will be great because I’m hoping to be home before Jon’s Birthday on the
13th.
Once I return it’s expected that I will have limitations on
exposure to crowds as my immune system recovers. I have been working from
home and my supervisor has indicated that I can continue to do that. I
have moved my “office” out of the basement upstairs to a more appropriate area
for when I come home.
I’m going to be on Skype, and the blogger page is still updated..
I’m also looking at a publishing a web site to, just to keep me busy..
So that’s about it.. Lets pray this chapter of my life is
finishing up and a new chapter will start with the two weddings we have this
year..
No comments:
Post a Comment