I was discharged on Wednesday. This was day 12 and not too bad because it was on the low end of the 12-16 day range in which my body could respond to the new stem cells. My platelet count rose from 13 to 17,000 which indicated that my body is making platelets on it's own. This is great because the platelets are usually the last cell line to spring back.
So I am home in Colonie. I am taking it easy as I have to consider my immune system is like that of a new born baby. I have some cautious limitations... no public exposure without a mask, but I can be outside without a mask. Daily walks are encouraged. Daily showers and food limitations are being followed until my doctor clears this off. No take out or restaurants for a while. Meat and veggies need to be cooked well. A small price to pay for a new immune system.
My meds are minor, vitamins, folic acid, an antibiotic and acyclovir an anti viral drug for a year. childhood immune shots will have to be given again.. I Hope I get a lollypop...
Through all this I continue to marvel, praise and thank God for all He has done in my life this past year. my eyes have been opened up to His ways and means and He amazes me every day. We serve an Awesome God.. full of grace and love for us all.
No comments:
Post a Comment