Friday, March 29, 2013

BWH up to Day 7 (3/29/2013)

Well it's been a crazy past few days.  The mouth sores have continued but they respond well to the pain killer.  I've receive 3 units of blood, 1 on yesterday and 2 on Wednesday.  We also have been keeping an eye on my platelets which were 3,000 /cc3 this morning so I be getting a unit of those today.
White counts are the biggy.  I've gotten 2 shots of neupogen and today I'll get another. My count today was 0.05 /mm3 which is actually up from 0.02 and 0.03 the past few days.  That's good trend.
Doctor Wu and her PA came in today and the "D" word was used a couple of times.. no not diarrhea, but discharge.  Cathy and Andy are here today..  Joni and Kayla are on the way.  Peter, Holly and Annie will come out on Sunday..Jon and Sammy...maybe Saturday.  Some staff are saying .. Oh I'm off later this week and you will probably not be here when I get back..
These are all very encouraging but I'd like a date please.. :-)

Also I just noticed today my hair is falling out yet again..  I can always tell because my mustache "feels sore".. Then I do the back of the head test and sure enough, hair between the thumb and the index finger.. but the funny thing is I mentioned it to the doctors this morning and she said, I looked good bald..  lol .. Oh well, the third time is a charm right..  

No comments:

Post a Comment