Milestone 1: White cell boost, Stem cell harvest..
As I mentioned yesterday I spent the whole day on the pheresis machine. Came back to the hotel, ate dinner and by then I was pretty wiped. About 7:15 we got a call from my stem cell nurse. I needed 2 million cells to move forward and get admitted... I actually harvested 3.1 million. So we were cleared to come home today which we did after a decent night's sleep and a good breakfast. we were on the road no later than 9:30 and home just before noon. So I'm relaxing.. NOT reading work e-mails, and watching basketball with my kids. Saturday we will head back over to Boston for the admission and the long stretch. I figure with an extra million stem cells that might help my recovery a little huh ?? More tomorrow after I get admitted.. and I'll even post some pics, now that I know how to..lol...
No comments:
Post a Comment