Sunday, March 17, 2013

Transplant.. day one..

Was admitted yesterday afternoon about 5pm.  After a short stop on the 5th floor a room opened up on the 4th floor which is one of the stem cell wards. Cathy, Jon and Annie left before I moved down to the 4th floor.  So it's like once you get into the room and the door is shut that's it.. you are isolated.  Nursing folks come in with gowns, masks and gloves. I have a small fridge in the room but apparently they frown on stocking it with Sam Adams... Gee... I wonder why ??  The room is not near a street and that has good points and bad. It's quiet.. you do not hear any traffic or sirens as we did when we stayed at the hotel.  Chemo will start today.. probably in a few hours if not sooner.  Cathy will be here this week and although the solitude is good at times.  It's good to have company. Expecting to get the Hickman covered up so I can get a shower and a better fitting pair of hospital scrubs on.  Would also like to loose the hospital gown... they are just uncomfortable.. and way too hot for me.  I do have temperature control of the room which is great because I do like a cooler room.. Hopefully a food menu will be coming in soon .. I wonder if I'll get a cup of coffee.. ???

No comments:

Post a Comment