Monday, March 25, 2013

BWH Day +2 (Sun.) and +3 (Mon.)

Yesterday was a relaxing day,  No visitors, but I did have a Skype call with my mom and brother Joe.  The rest of the day was truly a  day of rest.  I watched a couple of movies, MIB3 and Joyful Noise.  I liked both movies.
I am still feeling well although last night I did notice that my throat is a little sore.  Kinda like a lump in it.  This is a known side effect of the chemo.  The chemo effects rapid growing cells which includes the lining of the esophagus and intestine.  Once my cells come back these symptoms will subside.

Today is day +3.... Was visited by a very nice PA student who was doing some clinical rotation.  I agreed to him interviewing me and a physical examination.  He was an EMT who went into a PA program.
Cathy is here today and we walked outside of the room around the 30 feet or so of the wing.  It's funny to see the nurses I've only know with masks on, unveiled in the lights of the hallway.  Marissa, Courtney and Shannon.. great servants to the sick.  God bless them all.  Had a nice shower, and who does not feel better after a shower.  
WBC count is low.. 90 cells /mm3.. normal levels are like 3000 - 7000 cells/mm3, so yeah it's low !!
From what we are told, I have neupogen shots scheduled for Day +5 which will help boost the stem cells to produce cells.  That will be Wednesday.  So I am hoping to see counts start to go up this weekend..
I'll keep everyone informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment