Saturday, July 7, 2012

Saturday - after my vacation

Hey folks.. It has been a week or so since I posted a blog note and that was primarily because I was up at Schroon Lake with the fam. enjoying a week of time off.  I'm feeling real good.  I still have some numbness in my fingers but my strength is coming back.  Being up at Schroon lake I was walking a mile or two a day, from the house back and forth to the beach and town.  I've been very careful about sun exposure because I have been told that the drugs do make you more sensitive to burning... so far so good..I think holly got more sunburn than anyone.  The week was very restful.. I read the book killing Lincoln by Sean Hannity and HIGHLY recommend it !!   It is a well written fast read that opened my eyes to a series of events that surrounded Lincoln's assassination that I never knew !!
I have a doctor's appointment Monday for a check up and from there I'll have round 3 scheduled.  I'm for all practical purposes assuming that I'll have 8 treatments.. just because of the size of the Lymphoma alone.  When first discovered it was 17 cm.. at the last appointment 10 days after treatment #1 the lymphoma measured 12 cm..  We'll see what Monday brings.
Thank your for your continued prayers.. They ARE my strength !!

No comments:

Post a Comment