Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Had my appointment with Dr. W.  We discussed the tests and scans I had last week.  No real big surprises.  I did find out that the lymphoma is a T(14:18) trans location mutation.  That will not effect the treatment regime which is still the R-CHOP protocol.
So my schedule as I know it will be Friday morning we take a chemo class... gee, I wonder if I can count this as a continuing education course ... ??  he he he..
Pat is going to call AMC to schedule the subclavian port.  she will call in the morning.  I anticipate the first chemo to be next week.  The first session will probably take two days.  The Adriamycin will be slowly infused first to minimize the side effects.  Then I'll come in the next day and get the other infusion done and come home with a prescription for prednesone for 5 or 6 days. 6 to 8 session, 3 weeks apart. Doctor says my discomfort should be lessened very quickly.. like even after the first infusion.. So I am looking forward to that..

No comments:

Post a Comment