Tuesday, May 8, 2012

May 8, 2012

May 8, 2012

Well I have a story to begin writing about.. or should I say a saga..

A few weeks ago I went to my doctor thinking I was dealing with a hernia. The doctor examined me and referred me to a surgeon to have a look. The surgeon ordered a CT scan to rule out the hernia. I took the scan and a few days later was notified by the surgeon that the scan revealed an abdominal mass and that she wanted to do a biopsy.

So I had the biopsy done last week and Cathy and I went in yesterday to get the results and talk to the surgeon about a course of action.

Weeeelllllll ... The biopsy showed I have a Large B Cell Lymphoma in my belly. The mass looks to be involved lymph nodes. She does not see evidence of any organ involvement. These type of lymphomas respond very well to chemo and I have already bee referred to NYOH in Latham. I have already spoken to them and once they get all the data from the surgeon an initial appointment will be made and the trek God has laid out for us will begin.

My Spirits are good..

I feel pretty good. am in good health.. strong and young.. My family is strong. Mom, Joe and Joni are very supportive and Joni is a wealth of information. My kids are OK.. this is something we just have to get through. It is not life threatening.. and we will be OK.

Keep stationed to this blog.. I'll update it as much as possible.

God is in charge.. He has the wheel !!

3 comments:

  1. Mike, you know that Art and I are thinking of you and your family right now. We are both going to keep you in our prayers and are more than happy to share information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same goes here Mike, just reading this. If you need to chat or need anything don't be afraid to ask. Margaret and I will keep you and your family in our prayers. Stay strong, you have the faith and spirit necessary to help you overcome this minor setback in your life. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of all of you!!! You are all in our thoughts and our prayers! We may be far but we are still thinking of you, please let us know if there is anything we can do to help. Love to all!
    James and Sara

    ReplyDelete