Saturday, May 26, 2012

Happy Memorial day weekend..
It's been 48 hours since the port has been installed and I just changed the surgical dressing and got my first view of the port site.  Covered with a couple of pieces of surgical tape I could see the stitches.  they will come out next week. The port is under my skin so I don't have any visible indication that it's there except a rise in the skin.   Cathy and I did the chemo class and it seems that the major theme to this is to KEEP HYDRATED !! So lots of filtered water and green tea for me..  Nausea is manageable and the hair lose is not bothering me at all.. Round one will start Wednesday with the Rituxan.  I'm pretty anxious because everyone has been raving about this drug.. I'm very curious..   I'm going to rest this weekend and I've got a scheduled vacation the following week for Andrews birthday (27) and our anniversary (29 years).. More next week..

No comments:

Post a Comment