Ok so
yesterday afternoon I went to see my doctor to get test results and discuss the
“battle plan”.. The results came back with no surprises.. which is
good. Bone marrow was normal.. So we are on track for the R-CHOP
protocol.
We are
set up to take a Chemo class on Friday at 8am.. Takes about an hour or so..
Patty called to say the appointment for a sub-clavian port to
be inserted is all set for Tomorrow, Thursday.. 9am. Once the port is in
place Chemo can start.
I asked
the doctor about the uncomfortableness in my belly and how soon I should get
relief from that. He indicated very quickly.. probably after the first
infusion..
Then
around 8pm last night Dr. W. called the house.. (I was out) and spoke to
Cathy. He’s been dwelling on the lymphoma size and is concerned about
this “Tumor lysis syndrome”.. He wants to play this safe and is suggesting that
I get my first infusion on the oncology ward at a local Hospital. He’s
recommending St. Mary’s in Troy. So once I get the port scheduled I
could be looking at going to the hospital Monday.. and getting released Tuesday
once the infusion is complete. Future infusions would be done as an
outpatient..
I am
hoping to feel “different” next week.. Oh and btw.. my weight went
up a little.. from 188 to 191.. BP is still good.. Mental status is still good
ready to DO THIS !!
No comments:
Post a Comment