So this morning I had a bone marrow biopsy and aspirate done. Having worked in Hematology for 1 years and having assisted in specimen preparation on probably hundreds of marrows at the VAMC needless to say I was very curious.
I did get to spend like 20 minutes in the room by myself and just prayed and chatted with my heavenly Father, Holy Spirit and Jesus..
I was very familiar with the process, although the biopsies were taken first not the aspirate...
Lidocaine was administered under my skin and then down to the bone.. Which the doctor peppered very well. Thank you doc !!
Biopsies were taken, and then the aspirate which was a little painful.. sharp pain going down the leg.. Like a 2 out of 10. It was not bad at all. Now the lidocaine is wearing off a little and there is a dull ache in my hip but a little advil will take care of that.
PET scan is scheduled for Thursday afternoon.. MUGA and Chest CT are pending yet..
Still feel good.. am working.. no fatigue.. sleeping well at night. I'm down to 188 having gained a pound form the last visit last week.. BP is good.. Blood tests look good.. more later..
I tried to comment on your first blog mike but it didn't work! Just know I'm thinking of you, praying for you...and know that suffering is so part of life on this pilgrim road. Who knows the whys...there a mysteries to this life we are too limited to understand. But He is our Hero, no matter what! Your friend on the pilgrim road, Loriann Smith www.thepilgrimroad.blogspot.com
ReplyDelete